Monstera Peru

Description

Monstera Peru is a very rare fast-growing plant with thick and unusually stiff leaves that is often mistaken for Monstera Pinnatipartita when young because the leaves look alike.

The leaves of the Monstera Sp. Peru are somewhat wider, and look rounder, and differ from the leaves of Monstera Pinnatipartita that are more elongated.

Boost the Monstera Peru growth by using a totem pol or letting it climb to a surface so it can get bigger and healthier. Keep it away from pets and children because it is highly toxic if ingested.

Monstera Peru is also known as monstera karstenianum, monstera sp. peru.

Summary

light

Needs bright light

Leaf size

It has medium leaves.

Leaf color

Its leaves have only 1 color

room

Recommended for bathroom

Toxic

This plant is toxic if ingested

Monstera Peru care

  • How much light does a Monstera Peru need?

    Monstera Peru can tolerate a couple of hours of direct sun because of the thickness of its leaves but it does survive in low light conditions even though it does not grow much. Notice that this will grow best in moderate or bright light conditions.

  • How to water a Monstera Peru?

    Water your Monstera Karstenianum frequently because it loves humid soil. In case the soil does not drain super good, water it every time the soil is completely dry or it will become too compact.

  • What's the ideal humidity for a Monstera Peru?

    This plant will thrive in almost any environment, but if you want to give it a special treat, gently mist it once a week and keep it in high humidity.

  • How to fertilize a Monstera Peru?

    Feed this plant once a month throughout the spring and summer. Give to your plant a rest during the winter.

  • Monstera Peru tips

    • Don't provide more than 1-2 hours of direct sun.

    • Use a totem to make your Monstera Peru climb.

    • Mist the leaves to increase humidity.

    • Wipe the leaves with a damp cloth and gently dry to keep them clean and healthy.

    • Monstera Peru is highly toxic if ingested, keep it away from pets and children.